The Internet or the World Wide Web is a great opportunity for both business and personal life.
The main functions are :-
- Access to boundless information. A lot is very useful, but frankly of all the trillions of pages that have been uploaded, many are complete rubbish or downright pornography.
- Being able to communicate quickly and cheaply to anyone with an e-mail address, anywhere in the world.
- Distribution of software, such as computer programs, music and games electronically.
- Purchasing of goods and services from groceries, clothing and lingerie through hotels to airline and theatre tickets.
- You can also add some of the more dubious services such as gaming and gambling, pornography and internet dating.
But sadly with all good things, there are some severe drawbacks.
- Spam or unwanted e-mails, selling everything from dodgy bank loans and spurious share tips to illegal copies of films and everything you really don't want to know about.
- Hackers who try to login to your computers, to read your files and confidential information.
- Criminals who try to get you to part with your money through a variety of methods like fake lotteries, dead dictators bank accounts and the so-called "phishing" scams.
In this simple course I will show you how to maximise the strengths of the Internet and minimise the problems.