Adding a POP3 E-Mail Account to Outlook
Adding an E-Mail Account to Microsoft Outlook is not a fearsome procedure. Despite what some might say!
Note that the dialogs shown here uses Office XP, but most of the later versions of Outlook are very similar.
Before you start make sure you have all the following :-
- The Name you want to give to the new E-Mail Account.
- The E-Mail Address that is being setup. Typically, this will something like .
- The Logon information for the E-Mail Account. This would be given by your ISP and would consist of a User Name and Password. Often the User Name is the same as the E-Mail Address.
- The Incoming Mail Server for the E-Mail Account. This would typically be a POP3 server called something like pop3.usp.net.
- The Outgoing Mail Server for the E-Mail Account. This would typically be a SMTP server called something like smtp.usp.net.
Your ISP or System Manager should provide you with all of this information.
Continue to the Next Page