The basic principles of the Auto Backup/FTP are as follows :-
- All or selected files in a directory and/or its associated sub-directories can be copied, either to another directory or to an FTP site.
- For flexibility the copies are defined in a series of profiles, each of which describes a set of files to be copied.
- Each of the copies can either be timed to occur at specific times or a specific frequency. They can also be performed manually.
Various techniques to broaden the use of the Auto Backup/FTP and make sure that your data is totally secure are discussed in this section :-
- The backup drive, where the data is copied, should be chosen with care.
- How to use the program with a laptop computer is discussed.
- FTP is an inherent part of the Auto Backup/FTP.
- Individual profiles can also be run using a Windows scheduled task.
- Errors such as files that don't copy because of lack of space or because they are locked are discussed.
- The help system is described.